App developers are gradually moving to Android platform due to its openness and fewer restrictions, thus leading to a large share of Android applications. Maybe you are stuck in this situation where you can’t find the apps you like on Mac, especially when you want to play mobile games on the computer with a larger screen. So is there any method about how to play Android games on Mac? The answer is “Yes”. Read the guide and tips below.
Simply run Android games on Mac
This tool performs well in sharing phone screen with Mac and enabling users to control Android from Mac. With this tool, it will be simple for you to play Android games on Mac.
- Initiate the installation on Mac. Then open it.
- Connect your Android to PC via USB cable. With your permission, the application will be automatically downloaded on Android device. Tap “Don’t show again” and click “START NOW” on your phone. The phone screen will be cast to Mac.
- Enjoy Android games with the help of mouse. Don’t hesitate to capture or record the phone screen on Mac when you get a high score or simply want to record the whole game process. Tap the function buttons displayed on the right.
Vysor is actually a Chrome app which can project phone screen to Mac and help users run Android apps on Mac. There are two versions of this tool: Vysor and Vysor Pro. Vysor is free but provides limited services, and you can enjoy more functions by paying for Vysor Pro.
- Search for Vysor in the browser and add Vysor to Extensions on Mac.
- Plug in the USB cable to connect your phone and Mac. Soon Vysor on Mac will be launched itself and begin to transfer APK to Android device. With successful installation on phone, you will find phone screen displayed on Mac.
- Employ mouse to run Android games on the desktop.
However, the display quality is not clear enough as we expect. There are intolerable ads showing up before you launch the application. Services such as recording phone screen or turning on full-screen mode are only offered in Vysor Pro. There is no trial version for users to experience.
The alternative way to play Android games on Mac is to use an emulator program. BlueStacks enables users to beam all the apps on Android device to Mac via its Cloud Connect program – AppCast.
- Download BlueStacks on Mac and sign in with a google account.
- Input “AppCast” in the search bar and install it inside BlueStacks.
- On your Android device, install AppCast for BlueStacks and sign in with the same account. Tap the game app you want to transfer and run it on Mac.
As we all know, emulators are large files which may occupy much space on your computer and slow down the running speed of the process. Therefore, if you’re not app developers who need to test many apps and record app demo video, using an emulator won’t be the perfect solution.
It’s feasible to play Android games on Mac by following methods above. These methods have their own features. Users can try out all the methods and pick up the favorite one. If you have other nice methods or personal opinions, please feel free to make comments below.