WhatsApp, a cross-platform messaging app, enables us to communicate with our friends from all over the world and costs zero SMS fees. It is really a great experience that we could send not only text messages but also messages with emoji to express our real feelings better. What’s more, we could now attach files, photos, videos, contacts as well as audio during the chat. It seems that the app witnesses our happiness, anger and sadness, which also makes us want to save such great memory. To achieve this, the easiest way is to export WhatsApp media to PC. Read this article, which offers several feasible methods.
Tools to Transfer WhatsApp Media to PC
Apowersoft Phone Manager
Apowersoft Phone Manager is a comprehensive application. As its name implies, it can manage your phone. You may use it to backup phone data, delete files and set ringtones and wallpapers. It works well in transferring images, videos, music, contacts, eBooks and more from phone to PC and vice versa. And it allows you to connect Android and iPhone to your computer through more than one way. The connection can be established among multiple devices, which means you can link over one device with PC at the same time. You can click the name of mobiles and manage them via the software respectively. As the photos, videos and audio files in WhatsApp are saved in your phone, the program can also help you transfer those files to PC. Now, use it to download WhatsApp media.
- Download and install the program.
- Open it on the computer and utilize a USB cable to connect your phone to PC.
- Go to “Pictures” in the software, find “WhatsApp Images” category and click it. Select the images you like and click “Export”.
- Go to “Videos”, choose and click “Export”.
- Go to “Files” tab > “WhatsApp” folder > “Media” > “WhatsApp Voice Notes”, your audio files are stored here. Check and export them to PC.
For iPhone users, videos and photos can be found in “Pictures” > “My Photos” in the software.
- The software can help you manage files on your phone easily.
- You can connect devices via USB or through Wi-Fi. When you use cable, you can export WhatsApp media to PC even if there is no network.
- You can preview the files before deleting and transferring.
- It is possible to manage the data selectively. For example, you can transfer one photo, numerous photos or all as you wish.
- It is only available for Android and iOS devices.
- You cannot run the program on a Mac.
- Although you can use the software to send text messages on PC, it doesn’t work for WhatsApp messages and you cannot transfer WhatsApp messages to PC.
Apowersoft Phone Manager can’t send your WhatsApp messages through the computer, but WhatsApp Web can. After setting notifications, it will alert you on PC when you receive a new message, and you can forward text, emoji, media and documents to your friends through the computer. Moreover, the chat history can be shown on the web so you can directly transfer WhatsApp media to PC. Let’s see the detailed steps.
- Visit “web.whatsapp.com” on your computer.
- Open your WhatsApp on the phone. Press menu icon and tap on “WhatsApp Web” (For iPhone users, go to “Settings” on the app for “WhatsApp Web”). Scan the QR code on PC screen.
- Choose the contact, and you’ll see all the conversations. Click the file and it will be displayed in a preview mode. Click the download button on the upper right corner.
- This way can be applied to transferring photos and videos from Android, iPhone, Windows phone and more to PC (Window and Mac).
- You can preview the media files. Also it is possible to delete and mark the messages, which will take effect on your phone app immediately.
- This way only works when network is available. In order to sync messages and download WhatsApp media, you have to keep your phone connected to the internet.
- Text messages and audios cannot be saved to PC.
- You can choose numbers of messages to forward or delete, but you have to download files one by one.
Email is a common way that people employs to transfer files between devices. WhatsApp also allows users to email chat logs.
- Tap on one contact on your WhatsApp and open menu list on the upper right.
- Hit “More” and then “Email chat”.
- Choose whether you want to generate an email with media or not and add your email account to forward the mail.
- This way can export WhatsApp media to PC and text messages as well.
- You can copy all chat history to another device at one time.
- You can’t preview the media before transferring.
- You have to pack all chat logs instead of attaching what you need to the email.
The solutions above can effectively help you copy WhatsApp media files to PC. Apowersoft Phone Manager outweighs the others in managing and transferring files selectively. If your device is not supported by this software, try the other two ways. And after you transfer WhatsApp media to PC, you can delete the files to add storage to your phone.