We can’t deny that it’s more fun and convenient to watch movies, videos, and clips on our television compared to our mobile devices. Mirroring your Android gadgets to TV is easy because there are lots of applications that you may use. However, if you want to connect iPhone to Sony TV, it is very rare to find a suitable program for iOS devices. Fortunately, Sony TV supports Wi-Fi Direct mode. This feature makes it easier for iPhone users to connect their device wirelessly to Sony TV and then you can choose the suitable mirroring app from the guide below to begin screen mirroring.
TOP Ways to Mirror iPhone to Sony TV
Apowermirror not only allows you to mirror iPhone to PC, but also to Android smart TV, including Sony, Sharp etc. Using this amazing tool, you can enjoy the big screen on you TV. It enables you to share your gameplay to TV, watch movies, make presentations on TV. Here is the detailed guide on how to mirror iPhone to Sony TV using ApowerMirror:
- First you need to download ApowerMirror app on your iPhone. Then also download this app from Google Play Store on TV.
- Before mirroring, make sure your iPhone and TV are connected to the same WiFi.
- Run the app on your phone and then tap the blue mirror button. Wait for the app to detect your TV, and then choose the name of your TV. Or you can scan the QR code to connect iPhone to TV.
- On your iPhone, open Control Center and tap “Screen Mirroring” and choose the name of “Apowersoft”. Then your phone screen will be successfully displayed on TV.
The audio can also be streamed to TV. Now you can enjoy the large screen without limits!
The Wi-Fi Direct feature, alone, regrettably does not help you to cast your iPhone device to TV. So, you need the help of third-party apps to completely mirror your screen. Before we move on to that, let’s first learn how to configure Wi-Fi Direct between your iPhone and Sony TV.
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct on your Sony TV. Go to “Settings” > “Network” > “Network & Accessories”. From there, select “Advanced settings” > “Built-in” > “On”.
- Set up the connection on your iPhone. Head to your mobile “Settings”, click “Wi-Fi” and turn on Wi-Fi. Then your iPhone will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Find your device from the list of network and input the password from your TV.
If your connection failed, repeat the process. Once you’re done setting up Wi-Fi Direct, you can begin to display your iOS screen on your TV with the help of the following applications.
Mirror iPhone to Sony TV Using iMediaShare app
After connection, you may use iMediaShare to stream your iPhone devices to Sony TV. This app is developed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running 8.0 version and higher. It allows users to stream iPhone to Android TV, or cast their music and photos to other devices like speakers. Also, it automatically detects connected devices and then plays media contents right away. In addition to that, it serves as a remote control. This can be used if you want to adjust the playback or volume of your videos or audios. Now let’s begin screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV:
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi Direct has been set up properly.
- Search for iMediaShare on your App Store and install it on your iOS.
- Open iMediaShare and select the file you want to display. You may choose Photos, Music, or Videos.
- After that, click on the name that corresponds with your TV to begin mirroring.
Mirror iPhone to Sony TV Using DiXim Digital TV app
Similar to the first tool, Dixim Digital TV is a mobile application which can remotely access iOS devices from different servers and is capable of screen mirroring iPhone to Sony TV. This app is compatible with different units of iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices with OS 9.3 or above. With the help of this one, you may stream your music, pictures, videos, and games on your TV. Go ahead with the guidance below to mirror iPhone to Sony TV.
- Set up Wi-Fi Direct on your TV.
- Download and install DiXim Digital TV on your phone. You can find the app on the App Store.
- Launch the app and then select your TV from the options.
- From the bottom menu, click on “Shared” and select the media type you want to view. For example, if you want to watch clips, click on “Videos”.
- Choose the files you want to stream and hit the “Play” button.
Those are the practical ways you can use. You can choose different method according to your different needs. If you want to display your gameplay, share the video and make presentations on TV, ApowerMirror will be the first choice!