Nowadays, having a big screen is advantageous for different reasons. One, it allows you to enjoy your favorite movies and films with your family and friends. Two, it provides you with a better watching experience, like in a real movie theater. And three, it can aid you when you’re presenting at large conferences or meetings. Though laptop offers good screen quality and size, it might not be enough during these occasions. This is when your television plays a big part. So, check out this article to learn screen mirroring laptop to Sony TV. Scroll down for more information.
Ideal Ways to Screen Mirror Laptop to Sony TV
Using an HDMI cable to connect your computer to TV is probably the easiest way to send your monitor to a bigger screen. HDMI cable stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface. As such, it is a multimedia device that transmits video and audio files from one source to another. The good thing about this is it does not depend on your internet network or compress your data before sending it to your receiver. Thus, you won’t have to endure poor quality movies or suffer any lags between your computer and TV. You may choose from the different brands available and purchase this cable at your local store. Without further ado, here’s how to mirror laptop to Sony TV.
- To start, turn on your TV and computer.
- Next, plug in one end of the cable to your TV’s HDMI port and the other to your laptop.
- Get your remote control then press the “Input” button. Choose the correct HDMI port where your computer is connected and press it. The TV will automatically display your computer screen.
- If it didn’t mirror your screen, access your laptop and go to “Control Panel” > “Display” > “Adjust Resolution” and select Sony TV from the drop-down box.
The disadvantage of using an HDMI cable lies in the format it supports. Sadly, some audio formats are not supported through this connection. Thus, while your videos are mirrored on your TV, your audio will still come from your laptop.
You might also wonder how the Sony Bravia screen mirroring laptop function works. It is a built-in feature of Sony Bravia designed to project the screen of various devices, including laptops and mobile devices. With this, you’ll be able to watch videos saved on your computer, as well as streaming from community sites, like YouTube and Netflix. What’s good with this is it’s free and can be readily used when you have a working internet connection. However, the stability of your output may vary according to the speed of your network. Furthermore, it requires a computer running Windows 10 and supporting Miracast feature. Now, let’s start casting your laptop to Sony TV.
- To start, connect both devices on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Set up your TV by pressing “Input” on your remote control and selecting “Screen mirroring”. Hit the “Enter” button, and your TV will go on standby mode.
- On your computer, go to the “Start Menu” and click “Settings”.
- From here, click “Devices” and select “Connected devices”.
- Under the “Add devices” option, click “Add a device” and choose the model number of your TV.
To conclude, if you prefer the wired method, you may use an HDMI cable. Screen Mirroring feature should be your choice if you want to cast PC wirelessly. As the above solutions cater to computer and TV only, you might be in a situation where you need to mirror mobile devices to PC. For this matter, you can rely on ApowerMirror. This is a powerful screen mirroring program that casts Android/iOS devices to Windows/Mac.
Click the download button below to get ApowerMirror app.