Smart TVs are getting popular even more popular in today’s world as more and more people start using their mobile devices’ screencasting abilities to watch their favorite movies and shows or share photos and videos with friends and family. For iPhone users who have Apple TV, this is a very simple process. However, for those who need to connect iPhone to Sharp TV, connecting your iOS device can be quite a hassle if you don’t know how. Luckily, we researched and made a list of some of the best ways to cast your iPhone to your Sharp TV easily. Read on to figure out which among these methods below best suits your needs.
Best Ways to Connect iPhone to Sharp Smart TV
The first way is through iMediaShare. This is a well-known program designed for casting media like music, videos and photos from a smartphone to a smart TV wirelessly. This app supports iOS devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch running iOS 6.0 or later. This app allows you to mirror your iPhone to your Sharp TV without the use of Apple TV. It not only supports output to your TV, but it also works on game consoles, audio systems, media boxes etc, and can even be used as a remote control allowing you to adjust your playback and volume of your movies or music. It also allows you to switch to your favorite media player. It’s very quick and easy, too, as it automatically detects the connected device and immediately plays your media content, so all you need to do is choose your desired media file from your device and it will be streamed instantly to your larger screen. To learn know how to mirror iPhone to Sharp TV, follow the guide below.
- First, download and install the iMediaShare program onto your iPhone and install it once done.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same wireless network.
- Run the app on your iPhone and open any media file you want to cast onto your TV.
- Once done, choose the name of your TV to start the mirroring process.
You may also use a Chromecast. This is a small digital media player device that plugs into your TV, commonly described as a dongle, and it allows you to stream media from an online source onto a high-quality television or audio system through a Chromecast-enabled mobile device. Additionally, you can mirror your content to the freeware web browser Google Chrome. This allows you to watch your favorite shows and movies on your iPhone and iPad to your big-screen TV with the help of the Google Home app. Let’s learn how to connect iPhone to Sharp TV.
- Make sure to link both your iPhone and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download the Google Home app on your iPhone from the App Store and install it.
- Now connect your Chromecast dongle to your TV through an open HDMI port. Also, remember to plug in the charger of the Chromecast.
- Run Google Home and choose “Devices” located at the top right corner. Tap “Set up” followed by the “Continue” button.
- A code will then appear on both your TV and iPhone. When the codes match, tap “Yes” on your iOS device. Then sign in using your Google-Account.
Alternative Way: ApowerMirror
In case that you’re using a different type of file that is not compatible with either of these two methods, or even if you’re just looking for a little extra security and privacy, ApowerMirror is a great third-party app that can actually suit several different needs. So if you’re here to learn how to connect iPhone to Sharp smart TV, this makes a great option. First, this app supports mirroring on both iOS and Android devices. Simply mirror your iPhone to PC, then project your PC to TV using an HDMI cable. Aside from that, you can use this tool to record your screen activity, access game keyboard functions, and annotate on-screen when conducting a presentation. Here’s how you can cast your iPhone to TV using this app.
- Download and install the ApowerMirror app on your computer.
- On your iPhone, connect by going to Control Center, tap on “Screen Mirroring” and tap the name that corresponds your PC.
- Once connected, you should be able to see your iPhone screen on your PC.
- Now, connect your PC to TV through an HDMI cable.
- After that, you can now stream videos, browse photos or even play a game.
If you still can’t decide which method you should try, think of it this way. iMediaShare and Chromecast let cast your iPhone to TV wirelessly, which is great if you have a newer smart TV with wireless capabilities. If you have an Android phone and a computer, ApowerMirror would be a great free option that wouldn’t require you to purchase a Chromecast device. This is an especially good option if you’re using an older TV without wireless capability as long as it has an HDMI port. If you have an iPhone and a smart TV, then iMediaShare might be the easiest option. ApowerMirror is still useful to have, though, for its screen recording capabilities if nothing else. Hope one of these works for you!