Tools Used to Mirror Android Phone to TV
ApowerMirror- All platforms supported
The first one on the list is ApowerMirror. It is an app known for providing excellent service when it comes to mirroring your phone screen to your PC. Whatever platform you might be using it will be compatible. Whether you are using Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac. Most importantly, the tool launched a version compatible with Android TV. Through this, you can screen mirror without buying plug-ins or receiver just to cast. On the other hand, know further by checking the steps below.
- Download and install the app on your TV by using the shortcut button below.
- On your phone, you also have to download the app by going to Play Store or use the shortcut button given.
- Launch the app on both devices and connect them under the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now on your phone, click the blue “M” button to search for the other device. Wait until the name of your TV appears.
- Next, tap the name of your TV and mirroring will take place.
Miracast Screen Sharing App –Mirror Android Screen to TV
Miracast Screen Sharing App lets you mirror your Android 4.2 device or later to your TV with 1080p screen resolution wirelessly. The Miracast app will only work for TVs that have a Miracast receiver. To check the complete list of compatible equipment, just visit WiFi alliance website. Just in case your equipment is not compatible, you can buy a Net Gear for TV and connect via HDMI Cable. Look at the guidance below on how to mirror Android to TV using Miracast.
- Download and install the app on your phone.
- Connect both devices in the same WiFi network.
- Launch the application from your phone, and enable Miracast Display on your TV.
- On your phone click the “START” to start mirroring.
- Disconnect the app by turning off the Miracast receiver.
Chromecast – Mirror Android to TV
Chromecast is another bridge to mirror your device to your TV for Android 5.1 version and later. You can mirror and cast your device just like the other two applications mentioned above. This is the solution for those who don’t have Miracast-capable devices. This is a separate HDMI dongle that you can connect to your TV by using Google home app. To use it, launch the app and click the “Screen Mirror” to begin. However, to cast your device, you must open a media app like YouTube, then tap cast screen icon from the upper right-hand side of the screen, play the video once connected.
- Go to Google Play on your mobile device and download the Screen Mirroring App.
- Connect both devices under the same WiFi network. Launch the application from your phone. On the other hand, you must enable the Miracast Display on your TV.
- Click the blue button on your phone where it says “START” to start screen mirroring Android to TV. Choose the name of the TV and then it will automatically mirror the screen of your phone.
- Go to YouTube or Netflix app, and then open the movie or video in the full-screen view. Click the “CAST” to begin mirroring.
- Tap the back key and confirm the exit by tapping “yes”.
Comparison among Methods on Screen Mirroring Android to TV
|ApowerMirror||Miracast Screen Sharing App||Chromecast|
The above content summarizes currently the most popular way to mirror Android screen to TV. Whether you use a receiver like Miracast or Plugin-is like Chrome cast, you can get the same privileges. However, why get a networking device when you can simply download it on your TV? Among tools reviewed, ApowerMirror is the most practical to use.