Casting and Mirroring are very popular now, both of which serve as a tool to see the content of your device on another. However, the way how they work is slightly different. Screen Mirroring is basically what it says- see what you see on your device. Casting is media streaming and it only shares the content playing on your device, but you can also simultaneously watch videos on your TV while using your phone. Instead of going to Cinemas to watch your favorite movies, you can just download it to your Android device and mirror Android screen to TV. Hence, here are four solutions that you can use to watch the content of your mobile device on your TV.
Tools Used to Mirror Android Phone to TV
Screen Mirroring – Display Android Screen on TV
Screen Mirroring is an application that you can use to share the content of your device to a wider screen like TV whether you are using a tablet, computer or mobile phones wirelessly. Both screen mirroring and casting is possible with this application. Provided that your TV or projector is supporting Miracast Display receiver, other screen sharing will not be possible. If your device does not support it, read the succeeding featured apps for best solutions. In the meantime, here is the step by step procedure on how to mirror Android phone to TV using this app.
- Go to Google Play on your mobile device and download the Screen Mirroring App.
- Connect both devices under the same WiFi network. Launch the application from your phone. On the other hand, you must enable the Miracast Display on your TV.
- Click the blue button on your phone where it says “START” to start screen mirroring Android to TV. Choose the name of the TV and then it will automatically mirror the screen of your phone.
- Go to YouTube, or Netflix app, and then open the movie or video in the full-screen view. Click the “CAST” to begin mirroring.
- Tap the back key and confirm the exit by tapping “yes”.
Miracast Screen Sharing App –Mirror Android Screen to TV
Miracast Screen Sharing App lets you mirror your Android 4.2 device or later to your TV with 1080p screen resolution wirelessly. The Miracast app will only work for TVs that have a Miracast receiver. To check the complete list of compatible equipment, just visit WiFi alliance website. Just in case your equipment is not compatible, you can buy a Net Gear for TV and connect via HDMI Cable. Look at the guidance below on how to mirror Android to TV using Miracast.
- Download and install the app on your phone.
- Connect both devices in the same WiFi network.
- Launch the application from your phone, and enable Miracast Display on your TV.
- On your phone click the “START” to start mirroring.
- Disconnect the app by turning off the Miracast receiver.
Chromecast – Mirror Android to TV
Chromecast is another bridge to mirror your device to your TV for Android 5.1 version and later. You can mirror and cast your device just like the other two applications mentioned above. This is the solution for those who don’t have Miracast-capable devices. This is a separate HDMI dongle that you can connect to your TV by using Google home app. To use it, launch the app and click the “Screen Mirror” to begin. However, to cast your device, you must open a media app like YouTube, then tap cast screen icon from the upper right-hand side of the screen, play the video once connected.
AllCast – Mirror Android Phone to TV
AllCast is a feature built in Android devices version 5.0 and later. This feature lets you cast pictures, music, and videos using your phone along with the supported TV models that are compatible with the app, including Smart TVs, Apple TV and Roku boxes, and Amazon Fire TV. Recently, they started supporting iOS devices. To start casting, connect both devices to the same WiFi server and then the app will search for the TV to connect.
Comparison among Methods on Screen Mirroring Android to TV
|Screen Mirroring||Miracast Screen Sharing App||Chromecast||AllCast|
The above content summarizes currently the most popular way to mirror Android screen to TV. You can choose to buy some third-party connector to use the mirroring and casting features just in case that your device is not compatible with these apps. Though all of them have the same capabilities, they vary when it comes to the compatibility with certain devices. By carefully analyzing them, Screen Mirroring is the most flexible app among them.