It’s been a while since Apple released iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 8, and iPhone X will come out soon. Many people have bought one or even two by now. If you’re using iPhone 6/7/8/X for music entertainment on-the-go, then you should probably think of how to transfer music from computer to iPhone 6, 7, 7 Plus, 8 and X. The most common means here is to make use of iTunes. That’s undoubtedly one way known to most Apple users. In addition to it, there are also other simple methods which are useful for you. This article helps you to transfer music to iPhone 6/7/8/X with/without iTunes with detailed instructions.
Transfer Music from PC to iPhone 6/7/8/X
Syncing music to iPhone 6/7/8/X with iTunes
iTunes is regarded as the most familiar way to sync music and other media files to iPhone 6/7/8/X. However, it is truly a challenging application for newbies as they may be impeded in dealing with the complicate functions. That’s why you need to read the guide below carefully in order to transfer music from PC to iPhone 6/7/8/X successfully. Take iPhone 6 as an example.
- Connect your iPhone 6 to PC via matched USB cable.
- Open iTunes. For the first connection, a window will pop out. Click “Continue” to allow iTunes to read your iPhone data. At the same time, another dialog will come out on your iPhone, on which you could tap “Trust” to continue.
- After that, click the phone icon on the left corner of the interface. To manage your media files manually, you’d better go to “Options” under “Summary” tab, cancel “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected” and check “Manually manage music and videos”. Don’t forget to click “Done” when it’s done.
- Import music into iTunes library from computer by clicking “File” and then “Add File to Library”. Once transferred successfully, you can select the music icon on top to see all the songs.
- Now, click “Music” under “Settings” tab. Choose “Sync Music”. You can either sync entire music library or selected playlists as you like. Then click “Done” button at the bottom.
Tips: If you want to sync purchased music from iTunes to iPhone, you need to finish authorization first. Just click “Store” tab and “Authorize This Computer”. After that, input the Apple ID and Password.
Above steps have introduced how to copy songs from computer to iPhone 6 with iTunes. Though it’s widely used by many Apple users, there’re some unavoidable shortcomings of it that you need to know.
- Instead of merging with the original playlist in your iPhone, iTunes will replace it with that in iTunes library, which means you may lose the existing music in your iPhone.
- iTunes allows you to select playlists, artists, albums and genres to sync, but it doesn’t empower you to go for specific songs precisely.
Moving music to iPhone 6/7/8/X via AirMore
Although iTunes is the software solely provided by Apple to manage media files on iOS, its deficiencies make users look for more convenient alternatives to get music on iPhone without iTunes. AirMore, a handy mobile app, is one of the best among them. This free mobile device management tool allows you to upload music to iPhone 6/7/8/X from computer effortlessly. All you need to do is to follow the instruction below.
- Click the button below to go to App Store. Install this iPhone transfer tool on your iPhone.
- Go to AirMore Web address “web.airmore.com“. A QR code will show up on the browser.
- Open scanner on AirMore app to scan the QR code or click the device in Radar for successful connection.
- On web, choose “Music” icon on the left side of the iPhone information.
- Click “Import” button and choose whether to import files or a folder. Then select the songs to transfer from PC to iPhone.
As long as your internet connection is stable and fast, the songs will be transferred within a short time. And it has no limits at all. After transferring, you can check them under “Music” tab on the app interface. Apart from music, it enables you to manage videos, pictures, and documents on web wirelessly in the same manner. You can also create new folder on your mobile and import files from PC.
- In order to get a successful connection, you need to connect your iPhone and PC to the same WiFi network. And you’d better use Chrome, Firefox or Safari browsers so as to get a wonderful user-experience.
- Due to Apple’s restrictions, on AirMore web, you can only manage music files you transferred using AirMore. However, using AirMore mobile app, you can see and play the songs stored in Apple Music.
If you find it inconvenient, especially when you want to manage music files you downloaded from iTunes Store, you can try this professional desktop Phone Manager. It doesn’t demand internet connection. To access iPhone 6/7/8/X on PC, the USB cable and WiFi are both available. Moreover, it has no problem in fully reading all the music in your iPhone.
All these ways are quite helpful. You can opt to the most suitable one to move music from computer to iPhone 6/7/8/X. If you want to transfer purchased music from iTunes Store, iTunes and Phone Manager are good ways. If you want to copy songs which are not bought from iTunes Store, AirMore is a nice option.